Private Student Loan Consolidation
Private student loan consolidation is a great way to significantly lower your monthly loan payments by combining all your private student loans into one manageable loan. Refinancing your private student loans will reduce the stress of multiple payments and allow you to budget more effectively while lowering your interest rate.
Other Benefits of Private Student Loan Consolidation:
- Lower Monthly Payments: With private loan consolidation, most borrowers can reduce their monthly payment by extending the repayment term of their private student loan debt.
- Reduced Interest Rates: Borrowers with improved credit may often lower their interest rate. Existing loan holders will not reduce your interest rate if your credit has improved.
- Rate Reductions: Borrowers may apply on their own or with a credit-worthy co-signer for private student loan consolidation. Borrower and Co-signers with superior credit may receive lower APR loans.
- Internship/Residency & Military Deferment: A 48 month deferment for medical/dental residents and a 36 month deferment for all active-duty military personnel.
- Repayment Term: Undergraduate borrowers may receive up to a 25 year repayment term which offers the lowest possible monthly payment, and graduate student borrowers may receive up to a 30 year repayment term.
- No Prepayment Penalties: All payments in excess of scheduled payments go directly to principal.
Here's a chart showing your potential savings with a private student loan consolidation:
|Loan Amount||Assumed Current Payment*||Initial Monthly Payment**||Monthly Savings||Annual Savings|
*Assuming a 15 year loan term, with an original rate of 6.8%
**Assuming extended term of 25 years at same rate of 6.8%
***Interest rate and the resulting monthly payment(s) contingent upon borrower and/or co-signer credit
Note: Visit our Private Student Loan Interest Rates page for additional details.